THESE ARE FAST, LOW COST, AND LAST-MINUTE LESSONS FOR YOUR TODDLER you can put together in hopefully a creative way so your child(ren) can learn about the gospel!


I know I am not the first mom to think, Wow, my oldest child is a Sunbeam in primary, or I have a toddler, and our family really needs to start having actual FHE lessons! But what kinds of things can we do with their level of intelligence and attention span?


I've done research on Pinterest and Sugerdoodle and found many moms with their own blogs saying the same things. I have decided to reiterate and solidify what my son is learning in Primary Sharing Time because it will help him learn to go over what he learned the day before again. At this age, repetition is key, right?!


Monday, April 8, 2013

After Jesus Christ and His Apostles Died, Gospel Truths Were Lost

I am getting ahead of myself because this weeks post was so late. So I will post ahead of time what to do for toddlers NEXT WEEK.

When I read the title of the lesson they are going to learn, I had to read it twice because it seemed like a very complex lesson. I was worried about teaching it to my 3 year old.

But then the lesson plan gives a great visual idea. They draw important aspects of the gospel, like the sacrament, revelation, baptism, priesthood, temples, etc. Or at least something that can represent each. Then the children close their eyes and the teachers hide all the pictures they used to put up on the board. This creates an understanding how they were lost (and explain this happened after Christ died). Then show a picture of Joseph Smith (the first prophet of the latter-days) and how through him, the Lord restored all theses things again.

SONG: "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ"

So I am adapting the FHE lesson from this blog:

http://perglersprimaryplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/apostasy-and-restoration-st.html

Basically, you are showing your child that the same ordinances/gospel existed back in ancient days when Jesus was on the earth. (So you have them build a church or structure with pictures representing that).
Then the second set of pictures are the same ordinances/gospel ideas, but put to modern, latter-day pictures.

But since I am cheap and don't have storage containers, I thought about making the pictures into little blocks.
Use this paper block template:


Copy the image and paste it to a Word document 16 times. Then, with the pictures the above blog link gives you, copy and insert the picture over the center of the squares in the template. If you don't know your way around Word, I guess you could copy and paste the pictures and shrink them and then with glue, paste them over the block after you formed it. 

*****UPDATE!*****
I created the whole thing and would like to share it with you. I'm sorry it's out of order, but once you start cutting them out and gluing them together, they're going to get mixed up anyways.


And I also have an extra one that is Joseph Smith's First Vision, so you can use that one when you are building your "Latter-day" structure.
******************

Then pretty much follow the rest of the lesson from the above blog! (But I'm not going to use words and writing...just pictures)



No comments:

Post a Comment