THESE ARE FAST, LOW COST, AND LAST-MINUTE LESSONS FOR YOUR TODDLER you can put together in hopefully a creative way so your child(ren) can learn about the gospel!


I know I am not the first mom to think, Wow, my oldest child is a Sunbeam in primary, or I have a toddler, and our family really needs to start having actual FHE lessons! But what kinds of things can we do with their level of intelligence and attention span?


I've done research on Pinterest and Sugerdoodle and found many moms with their own blogs saying the same things. I have decided to reiterate and solidify what my son is learning in Primary Sharing Time because it will help him learn to go over what he learned the day before again. At this age, repetition is key, right?!


Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Can Be Clean Through Christ's Atonement

As I am learning to do this, and researching sources, I came across a great PDF file that you may choose to use for 2013 instead of coming to my blog every week! Though, and again, some of the lessons are for children that are older than 3 years. I just don't think my little son is going to get everything. We have to build up by starting with very basic stuff. So if you want to check it out, it is http://0e2adbce82be14fd6bcb-5584cc5742c63ca82c29a0709ec0b026.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/2013%20Primary%20Themed%20FHE%20Lessons.pdf

Tomorrow's FHE lesson is going to come STRAIGHT from a blog called "Little LDS Ideas" and I just love this lesson because I think it is something my 3 year old can understand. He did REALLY well with last week's lesson, so we will build upon it by applying the atonement when we do things we shouldn't do.

She uses this idea for sharing time, but you can easily adapt it to your home setting with your family.

SONG: I Know When I am Baptized



'Clean Again' Object Lesson
This idea that you can use to begin your Sharing Time actually came from the 2011 Sharing Time Outline.
You will need something to use to get a child’s hands dirty {I used chocolate syrup when I did this}. You will also need a large bowl and towel to help with the mess.
Invite a child to come to the front of the room
Ask your helper to show all the children their clean hands. Then show the children the chocolate syrup, tell them that this represents sin. You could even make a cute label to put onto your chocolate syrup.
 Have your helper hold out their hands and squirt a little syrup onto their hands. Tell the children that the other day (child's name) lied to his/her parent's. Then a few days after that (child's name) cheated at school {add another glob of syrup}. 
Then ask the children if your helper's hands are clean anymore.
They should all say, NO.

Show the children the sentence with the missing words {from the outline}. Tell them that we need to figure out what this says so that (child’s name) can be clean again.
Have the children look under their chairs for the missing words and invite the 3 children up to the front once they have found the words.
Have them show the words to the rest of the Primary and read the words aloud. Then have everyone read the sentence aloud.
Have the children try to place the words in the correct spot.

Once the sentence is correct read it aloud to all the children.
‘Oh, so because of Christ’s atonement (child’s name) can repent and be made clean again, right?’
‘So, how does he repent?’

Have the children share their knowledge of repentance. Have a bottle of soap and some water and label it ‘Repentance’ and have the child wash his/her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment